Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/morandin/domains/minettatavernny.com/public_html/inc/common.php on line 10
Minetta Tavern :: Home
Minetta Tavern was opened in Greenwich Village in 1937. The Tavern was named after the Minetta Brook, which ran southwest from 23rd Street to the Hudson River.

Over the course of its long history, the Tavern was frequented by various layabouts and hangers-on including Ernest Hemingway, Ezra Pound, Eugene O'Neill, E. E. Cummings, Dylan Thomas, and Joe Gould, as well as by various writers, poets, and pugilists.

Since its renovation, Minetta Tavern has best been described as "Parisian steakhouse meets classic New York City tavern."

We hope — and believe — that's a somewhat accurate description of the place.

2011 and 2012 Michelin Rated